Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Read-A-Thon Update

Read-a-Thon Update:  As a member of Pinebrook's Language Arts Committee, I am a huge supporter of the first Read-a-Thon!  As an extra incentive, I told the class that the student who raised the most money would earn a special afternoon with ME!  (Seriously?  She thinks she's a prize?    Hey, I'm shameless when it comes for raising money for a good cause.)  The student who earns the most money for the Read-A-Thon can choose how they want to spend the afternoon (within reason - I'm not flying anyone to Disney!)  Suggestions I gave were - frozen yogurt, go out to a movie, bowling, trip to the zoo, lunch at a favorite restaurant - I'm game!

In recognizing that it's not all about the money, I will also have a special reward for the student who actually READS the most.  That student and I will pick out a fun reward together too!  

If your child has not already created his or her page, please have him or her do so tonight.  Even if your child does not fundraise, he or she can still track how much reading is done!  

No comments:

Post a Comment