Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Snow Week Update, January 26th, 2016



Thank you for sending all the fun photos, keep them coming!  I know I gave your students work to last them through today, and I'm going to go ahead and say that Queen Akbar's Snow Day Work Policy is "Work for three, get one free!"  This means that your lovely darling is not expected to do anything other than Reflex, reading for 30 minutes, and solpass.org tomorrow.

Work for Thursday and Friday:
1. Character Parade Costume
2. Valentine's Day Box
3. Writing Prompt: Students should write at least two paragraphs and use 10 adjectives to answer this prompt:
Let me tell you about my dream house...
4. Object-Collage Self-Portrait
   On Tuesday I read the students a book called My Best Friend is as Sharp as a Pencil, which featured a variety of "object-collages" of people in the main character's school.  Essentially, what I'd like your child to do is create a self-portrait with various objects that can be found around the house. Please have them do this on a solid-color background, like a piece of construction paper.  I've included some examples from the book.  Please encourage them to be as creative as possible and all you have to do is send me a photo!  Students do not need to bring this to school, I just need a photo of their masterpiece!



I hope you all are staying warm and safe, please let your kids know that I miss them!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment